Saturday, October 15, 2011

KBScale Update and New HOn3 Module

 The above photo shows where things stand with the KBScale McEwan locomotive.  The body is just about done I have only to complete the jackshaft covers and add the brake rigging.  I did receive the replacement connecting rods from the manufacture so now its back to getting the mechanism running.  The figure is a 1:48 model so it is slightly under size for 1:43.  The kit has a option to build to 16.5 mm track gauge (On30) so this gives an idea of what it would look like in a 1:48 setting, looks good to me.
 
 This is a new iron in the fire, an HOn3 module, 1foot deep 5 feet long.  This photo shows the basic inglenook 3/3/5 switching puzzle track arrangement.  This will allow it to function and give me a chance operate both my Blackstone K27 that I purchased a couple of years ago, and my new C19.
I have added the passing track to the front edge and applied the fascia around the baseboard.  Keeping with the Rio Grande theme, on the right is a Raggs to Riches Rico depot (yet another iron).  I have a completed Banta model of the Pro Patria mill (also located a Rico CO), so I am planning on a 2 foot by 3 foot module on the left of this one for it.  The mill will be served by an extension on the middle track. 

Later,  David 

No comments:

Post a Comment