Sunday, March 9, 2014

Photo Of Prototype Beer Depots






Well wouldn't you know.  I have just finished the Schlitz beer depot and am ready to start the Pabst.  I was looking through the Superior Views photo pages and found the above picture.  I believe that the four beer depots are located in the left center foreground.  Extreme left is Miller, then Blatz, next Schlitz and last Pabst.  The Blatz depot is directly aligned with the Red Jacket smoke stack.  Clearly the Pabst depot shows the three sections as indicated on the Sanborn.  Tucked behind Pabst appears to be the grocery warehouse.  It appears that there is an angled wall on the Miller building.  It also seems to show the set back of the stable on the Blatz depot as shown on the map.  Of course I could be totally wrong about what I see but the direction of the photo, looking toward Red Jacket shaft, should include them.  I guess my estimates of what the buildings looked like were close.  The biggest discrepancy might be that the roof sections appear continuous not stepped down between the ice houses and the attached wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment