Wednesday, August 17, 2011

O14 Day



My kits from KB Scale arrived today. They specialize in 7mm narrow gauge, I had ordered a track demo kit, a side dump wagon and a locomotive kit. The track demo included a flat bed wagon so I decided it would be a great place to get my feet wet in two foot gauge modeling. It was a simple build the only trick was to narrow up the bolster frame to provide additional space for the axles this yielded free rolling wheels. The photo shows the completed model. What is really cool is that it comes with a link and pin coupler.

As far as a layout for two foot gauge is concerned I am going to model a typical copper smelter as seen in the Upper Michigan copper country in the 1920's. I have laid out some track on the work bench in a 1 x 4 foot area and will start with that. On the far end is the railroad warehouse and next to that will be the mineral house. Not totally sure what will be next but possibly the machine shop and a small building for the locomotive. The locomotive is a KB McEwan Pratt Baguley 10 HP locomotive, I have open the box and reviewed the instructions, it is going to be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment